Its no secret that traditional PR is fading out of fashion and digital PR is emerging. This is because social media has become a powerful platform and no one bothers to read the newspapers anymore. everything is instantly online because every one has got a smart phone. These are the Five trends of Public relations.
1. Convergence: The lines will continue to blur between marketing, PR, digital and advertising. PR agencies have to constantly re-invent themselves and their skills. In addition, they face increased competition from companies that are not traditional PR agencies. Organisations looking for an integrated offering are getting better at managing multiple agencies or departments to service their business.
2. Driving business results: There is also a greater move towards proving business results and sales. This is affecting the type of tactics we employ as PR agencies that go beyond what we traditionally provided. This is where the cross-over with marketing is taking place. A client who needs sales-driven activities will require a different approach.
3. More effective use of digital channels: Digital is a huge component of any PR agencies’ repertoire, we will need to leverage it properly if we are to remain competitive in the digital space.
4. Content amplification: There is an increasing need to develop content in multiple formats for various channels of communication as well as marketing driven tactics. Repurposing or amplifying this content through different channels in written, visual, video and audio form is becoming a bigger part of the role for PR.
5. ORM: The need for online reputation management is a critical component and while some bigger agencies are doing well, we need the pricing of tools required to do ORM effectively to be lowered.
Welcome to our blog post, where we will keep you up to date with all articles and newsbits of interest to you and this industry. Keeping you in the loop of our upcoming funtsions, services and products.